A massive fire broke out at a realtor’s house in Mallarabanavadi, rural Nelamangala, on Monday. The blaze gutted the house in its entirety.
According to fire department officials, the fire may have started due to a short-circuit or the lamps lit in the puja room. The house belonged to Ramadhamaiah, who is also a local BJP leader. He is the owner of Garudashree Properties.
His wife and daughter were present at the time when the fire broke out. Noticing the smoke, they rushed out and called the fire services. The fire started around 3.30 pm and went on until 5.30 pm as the two fire tenders at the Nelamangala fire station had rushed to a ground grass fire at a eucalyptus grove near Begur in Dobbspet.
Two fire tenders from the Magadi Road fire station near Sunkadkatte had to be summoned from the city to reach Mallarabanavadi to contain the fire. The firefighters took at least two to three hours to extinguish it. The worth of the damage is yet to be ascertained by the owner. The air-conditioned bungalow had expensive wooden fittings and accessories which were completely burnt.