Mansarovar pilgrims cross over from Nathu-La

This is also the first batch of yatris though the Nathu-La route after the pilgrimage was stopped following the Dokalam standoff last year. India and China had agreed in April to resume the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through the route. PTI

The first batch of the Kailash Mansarovar yatris comprising 31 pilgrims and two liaison officers successfully crossed over to China from the Nathu-La border route in Sikkim on Wednesday, officials said.

This is also the first batch of yatris though the Nathu-La route after the pilgrimage was stopped following the Dokalam standoff last year. India and China had agreed in April to resume the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through the route.

Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh had in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha had said the yatra for 2018 through Nathu-La would take place between June and September.

The special secretary to tourism and civil aviation department, Namrata Thapa and some other officials were present at Nathu-La during the crossing over of the yatris to China, an information and public relations department release said.

They will return here on July 1 after paying obeisance to Lord Shiva at Mount Kailash. They will disperse for their respective destinations from the next day, the release added.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Mansarovar pilgrims cross over from Nathu-La

0 comments

Write the first review for this !