Khalapar violence: Main accused booked

Mustakim, who was absconding since the incident took place, surrendered before a court a few days ago. He was sent to judicial custody.

The main accused in connection with the attack on a police team reportedly by a mob in Khalapar area here, has been booked, a senior official said on Monday.

Mustakim, who was absconding since the incident took place, surrendered before a court a few days ago. He was sent to judicial custody.

On Sunday, he was booked under the National Security Act (NSA) for violence at Khalapar, District Magistrate Rajive Kumar Sharma said.

On June 27 last year, a police team was attacked when they had gone to arrest three men in a cow slaughter case. Four policemen were injured and a police vehicle was damaged in the incident.

The mob had freed the three accused, including Mustakim, by stone pelting.

Police had registered two cases and arrested two dozen people so far.

In February, another accused Inayat was also booked under the NSA.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Khalapar violence: Main accused booked

0 comments

Write the first review for this !