Naxals flay govt move on vacating families in Kudremukh

“The government is planning to vacate 350 families residing in the Kuduremukh national forest area and has released Rs 35 crore for the purpose. CPI (Maoists) severely condemns the decision,” says Malnad Area Committee Secretary Kamala in a press release.

In the letter, she said the government had earlier assured that no family in the forest area would be displaced. Boards informing the same were put up in this part of the region. The government had sketched such a master plan that it provided road, title deeds, solar light, bridge construction and self employment training programmes to the residents, the letter said.

“The police are restricting the people’s activity in this region with a thought that the public should be united. They are arresting the villagers for no reason. The people here are tortured in very different ways in the form of investigations. The villagers are made to stop and enquiries are made as he returns back from the market. The BJP government is effectively carrying out the drama of naxals surrendering in front of the government.

Those naxals who have surrendered have separated themselves from the naxal movement long back, and the drama of them surrendering does not make any sense. The government is making use of the religious institutions to deceive the public,” she said in the letter.The letter consisting of three pages has been posted in Koppa town on March 23.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry