Files destroyed in fire at Ballari sub-registrar's office

Files destroyed in fire at Ballari sub-registrar's office

 Materials worth more than Rs 4 lakh and a number of important files were gutted in a fire that broke out due to an electric short circuit at District Sub-Registrar’s Office on Railway Station Road here on Sunday afternoon. 

A number of computers, inverters, batteries, almirah and other equipment have also been damaged due to leakage in air conditioners (ACs) installed in a room in the office.

Regional Fire Officer Narasimhamurthy told Deccan Herald that the Fire and Emergency Services personnel immediately rushed to the spot and averted a bigger mishap. Sub-Registrar Somashekhar and other personnel shifted other important documents out of the office.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)