MPVL leaves indelible mark on poll history

Single biggest order

The Mysore Paints and Varnish Limited in Mysuru. It has bagged an order to supply 26.01 lakh vials of ink. special arrangement

Mysuru: Mysore Paints and Varnish Limited (MPVL), the prime company in the country which manufactures indelible ink, has received the single biggest order from the Election Commission of India (ECI) since Independence.

The ECI has placed an order for 26.01 lakh vials and its total value is approximately
Rs 33 crore. This is the single biggest order by the ECI so far, for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections. MPVL, established in 1937 by Nalwadi Krishnaraja Wadiyar, then Maharaja of Mysore province, is the lone supplier of indelible ink (voter’s ink), used to mark the fingers of voters during elections in the country.

MPVL managing director Chandrashekhar Doddamani said MPVL receives orders for the indelible ink from the Election Commission every year, based on the requirement.

“This time, we have received the highest order as the number of voters has increased to 90 crore. During the previous Lok Sabha elections, the MPVL had supplied 21.50 lakh vials to the ECI,” he said.

“Each vial contains 10 ml of indelible ink and can be applied on the fingers of 700 voters. MPVL has already sent 80% of the consignment and the remaining 20% will be sent shortly.

“The MPVL also receives orders from foreign countries. Nearly 26 countries are our clients doing business for the past several years,” he said.

It may be mentioned that MPVL had improved the quality of indelible ink during the previous Karnataka Assembly elections that was held in May as the Election Commission and MVPL found that a few voters allegedly wiped the ink soon after casting the vote.

MPVL also brought out indelible ink marker pens a few years back as a convenient way to mark the fingers than the conventional method and for aesthetic look. The MPVL is yet to receive orders from the ECI for the pens.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

MPVL leaves indelible mark on poll history

0 comments

Write the first review for this !