Tumakuru food poisoning toll touches four

 The security guard of the Vidyavaridhi International School, Huliyar, in Tumakuru district, who was battling for life in the ICU of the district hospital since Thursday morning, failed to respond to treatment and died on Sunday morning.

Ramesh (45), and four children, were hospitalised after they complained of uneasiness after eating rice and sambar laced with poison on Wednesday night. Three children had died on Thursday. Another student Sudarshan is undergoing treatment at district hospital and is said to be out of danger.

“On Sunday morning, at around 10.45 am, the duty doctor examined Ramesh. The doctor did not find any abnormalities and advised the paramedic staff to administer the regular medicine. Minutes later, we found something amiss and called the doctors. The doctors examined Ramesh and declared him dead,” a nurse told DH.

Comments (+)