Attempt sample papers

Attempt sample papers


Indian woman student education writing studying

Dear Madam,

I will complete my Mechanical engineering degree in 2019. I want to study MS in Robotics and Automation in Germany. I want to know the details of exams and scholarships offered by the Government of India. I belong to SC category and I want to know about the requirement and procedure to get into a university in Germany. Also, suggest some good universities there.

Pavan M


Dear Pavan,

To pursue your masters in Robotics and Automation, you need to write the GRE and TOEFL exam. Visit to register for both tests. To get admission to a German university, you need to maintain a high GPA in your Bachelors. It is also advisable to join the Goethe Institute and learn the German language. If you want to avail of their low or no tuition fees, you need to show them that you are serious about blending into their community and are fluent in the local language. Universities such as RWTH Aachen, TU Dortmund, TU Munich are some of the best for Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Automation. Once you hold an offer from a university, you can apply for scholarships that are funded by the Indian government or private institutions. 


Dear Madam, 

I have completed my engineering in Electronics and Communication. I want to pursue MS with an annual budget of Rs 10 lakh per year. Can you suggest some of the best universities and subjects?



Dear Anusha,

Tuition fees in most universities in UK, New Zealand, Canada and Australia will be around the Rs 10 lakh per year range. 

Some affordable university suggestions include: 

UK: Anglia Ruskin University, Middlesex University, Nottingham Trent University, Leeds Beckett University, Westminster University and Sheffield Hallam University.

New Zealand: University of Canterbury, Massey University and the University of Auckland.

Canada: University of Saskatchewan, Simon Fraser University, University of Alberta, Brandon University and University of Prince Edward Island. 

Australia: Bond University, Curtin University, Deakin University, Edith Cowan University, Griffith University, La Trobe University and James Cook University.

As far as subjects are concerned, you can either pursue a specialisation in an area related to Electronics and Communication like VLSI, Embedded Systems, Wireless Communication, Signal processing etc., or go for something like Engineering Management.


Dear Madam,

I am doing my first year engineering (CS). I am aspiring to do Masters in Science or MS in Computer Science. I have heard that IITs do not have MS but only MTech. Is it better to do MS in foreign countries? If so, which university is good for CS at an affordable price or else, if I have to pursue MS in India, which university is the best? Also, suggest exams for entering into these universities.


Dear Sreshtha,

A Master’s programme is referred to by different names in different institutions and countries. IITs call it MTech, while US, Canadian and some European universities refer to it as MS. UK, Australia and New Zealand offer MSc, MA or MEng. They are all basically the same and equally good. To study abroad, you need to write the GRE and an English test like IELTS, PTE or TOEFL. The best way to prepare for these exams is to practice on past papers. Magoosh and Manhattan are good practice tests to take for GRE.


Dear Madam,

I am currently studying in third-year Electronics and Communication engineering. I would like to know good courses I can pursue abroad and expenses. I am mostly looking for Germany, Finland, and not much of US. Can you suggest a country good for my course and what SGPA, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL score I must have to get a good scholarship.



Dear Neha,

Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Communications Systems, Electronic System Design, Big data analysis, Integrated Circuits, Embedded systems, Signal Processing, Microelectronics and Quantum Electronics, Power and Energy Systems, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence are some of the popular subjects one can specialise in.

In Germany, the Technical University of Munich, Humboldt-University in Berlin, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, RWTH Aachen and Technical University Berlin are known for Computer and Electrical engineering.

Aalto University School of Science and Technology, LUT University and the University of Helsinki in Finland offer these subjects. 

To be eligible for any scholarship, you need to have strong academic credentials. A GPA of over 8 on 10, GRE of 327 and IELTS of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 100.


Dear Madam,

At present, I am in my 2nd-year degree, BSc (Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental Science). After my graduation, I want to pursue a PG course like Applied Petroleum Geology, abroad. My preferred countries are USA, Canada, Australia and the UK. Could you suggest a course that suits my qualification? Also, let me know the exams I have to prepare for, details of scholarship and visa work.



Dear Jude,

Master of Science in Applied Petroleum Geology, Natural Resources and Environment, Sustainable Development and Ecology are courses that you can pursue, given your interests.

In the US, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Texas A & M, University of New Hampshire, University of Idaho, University of Houston, Colorado State University and Virginia Tech are known for these courses.

In Canada, Laurentian University, University of Manitoba, University of Calgary and University of British Columbia are popular for Geology courses.

University of Western Australia, Edith Cowan University, Adelaide University and University of Wollongong offer courses in Geology.

Imperial College London, University of Derby, Heriot Watt University and the University of Birmingham in the UK offer MSc in Applied Petroleum Geoscience. University College Dublin in Ireland is also popular for this course.

The exam required for all the above universities is an IELTS with an additional GRE requirement for the US and Canada. All countries allow you to work for 20 hours per week during weekdays and 40 hours per week during holidays. A post-study work visa is easier to get in Australia, Ireland and Canada. 



DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily