12 injured in LPG fire
The fire took place at rented accommodation in New Ashok Nagar block E around 10.10 am. “Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused within 10 minutes,” a fire official said.
An initial investigation by the fire department and police has found that the fire was caused by leakage in the cooking gas cylinder.
A police official added that the injured were taken to Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital and Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital. The victims have been identified as Hariram Kumar, 46, his wife Ramrati Devi, 36, and their neighbours Shobha Sharma, 36, Alamgir, 35, Surender Sharma, 32, Pramod Kumar, 30, Brij Kishan Sharma, 30, Laxmi, 16, Shweta, 14, Santosh, 13, Saurabh, 26, and Ram Rishi, 26.
Hariram, Ramrati and Shobha, who have suffered 65 to 85 per cent burns, are fighting for their lives.