JnNURM funds to be sought to improve road transport
The BMTC presently operates 62 Vayu Vajra services, carrying around 6,000 passengers daily from different parts of the City on nine routes and making 471 trips covering 23679.9 km.
Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy said the government is seeking a sum of
Rs 2,150 crore under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JnNURM) to improve road transport in the State.
In line with the system in Delhi, where buses run on CNG, Karnataka plans to build LPG plants for BMTC, said Reddy.
A new Vayu Vajra service will also be started soon from Yeshwantpur on route number BIAS-1 from Brigade Gateway to the Kempe Gowda International Airport (KIA), covering 43.4 km.
The service will be via Orion Mall, Rajajinagar I Block, Iskcon temple, Yeshwantpur TTMC, MS Ramaiah Hospital, Chikkamaranahalli, BEL Circle, Vidyaranyapura, Mother Dairy, Yelahanka New Town and Kogilu Cross.
A total of four schedules (30 trips) will operate with a frequency of 50 minutes and a fare of Rs 200.
It has also been planned to construct six additional TTMCs under public-private-partnership (PPP) at Hebbal, Jayanagar 4th Block, Yelahanka (Puttenahalli) Electronics City, Katriguppe and Chikkabettahalli (MS Palya).
“The construction of the bus station at Kalasipalyam will be completed within the next 24 months at an estimated cost of Rs 240 crore,” Reddy said.
The Corporation also plans to construct bus stations with community halls and introduce 500 new schedules. The BMTC will recruit 4,000 new staff for various categories, including 1,500 drivers, the minister added.
Place Land Plan and Cost
* BTM Layout 2 acres Bus station, PAC(Rs 30 cr)
* Kengeri Satellite Town 1 acre Bus station, PAC (Rs 7.7 cr)
* Nagarabhavi 2nd Stage 3 acres Bus station/depot, PAC( Rs. 6 cr)
* Vishweshwaraiah Layout 3 acres Bus depot/station, PAC (Rs. 5.5 cr)
* Isro Layout 1 acre-15 guntas Bus station (8 crore)
* Mallasandra (Bagalagunte) 2 acres Bus station (8 crore)
* Hesaraghatta 22 guntas Bus station (1.35 crore)
* Yelahanka 1 acre Bus station (10 crore)
* Vishweshwaraiah Layout 23 guntas Bus station (1 crore)
* Anjanapura 23 guntas Bus station (1 crore)
* Pillanna Garden 32 guntas Bus station (4.5 crore)
* Muneshwara Block 30 guntas Bus station (7 crore)
Note: PAC: Passenger Amenity Center