Press Esc to close
Monday 22 December 2014
News updated at 12:38 AM IST
Weather
Max: 28°C
Min : 17.6°C
In Bengaluru
Partially cloudy

Construction worker electrocuted

Bangalore, Jan 4, 2014, DHNS:

A construction worker was electrocuted and another sustained injuries after the two came in contact with a live wire at a work site in Anandnagar on Friday noon.

Kiran (30) and Kumar (25) were working as barbenders at the third floor of a building. The long iron bar which they picked up came in contact with a high-tension wire next to the building. Both suffered severe electric shock and were rushed to Baptist Hospital. They were later shifted to Victoria Hospital where Kiran succumbed to his injuries.

The condition of Kumar is stated to be critical. Kiran hailed from Andhra Pradesh. Hebbal Police have registered a case of death due to negligence against the owner of the building and the contractor.

Man ends life

Ramesh, 36, a habitual drinker, was found hanging at his house in Kalidasa Circle on Friday evening. He was earlier working as a mechanic and owned a garage.

His wife Veena works with a private firm. The couple have a 10-year-old daughter. On Friday, while Veena was at work and the daughter at school, Ramesh hanged himself. The incident came to light when Veena returned home in the evening. Hanumanthnagar Police have registered a case.


Go to Top

Photo Gallery
Christmas celebrations

Christmas celebrations

Migratory birds

Migratory birds

Prayers in Allahabad

Prayers in Allahabad

Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand

Bengaluru Midnight Marathon

Bengaluru Midnight Marathon

The Final Battle: ISL

The Final Battle: ISL

Captain's Spirit

Captain's Spirit

Fan's Rejoice

Fan's Rejoice

Atletico de Kolkata players celebrate with Trophy

Atletico de Kolkata players celebrate with Trophy

Atletico De Kolkata wins ISL

Atletico De Kolkata wins ISL

Copyright 2014, The Printers (Mysore) Private Ltd., 75, M.G Road, Post Box 5331, Bengaluru - 560001
Tel: +91 (80) 25880000 Fax No. +91 (80) 25880523