Now, BMTC commuter pass to cost more
Last updated: 28 June, 2010
Bangalore: June 27, DHNS: 0:37 IST
The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has effected an upward revision in rates of monthly commuter pass from July, 1. The new rates will be applicable as under:
* Black Board: Existing Rs 450, Revised Rs 500
* Red Board, Pushpak, Janapriya Vahini: Existing Rs 600, Revised Rs 660
* Black Board (Senior Citizens): Existing Rs 400, Revised Rs 450
* Red Board, Pushpak, Janapriya Vahini, Suvarna (Senior Citizen): Existing Rs 540, Revised Rs 590
* Vajra Volvo Gold Pass: Existing Rs 1,250, Revised Rs 1350
* Vajra Gold Pass without ID: Existing Rs 1300, Revised Rs 1,400
* Vayu Vajra Volvo (BIAL) Gold Pass: Existing Rs 2550, Revised Rs 2,650
* Bulk purchase of 50 plus Vayu Vajra Gold Pass: Existing Rs 2,400, Revised Rs 2,500
* Bulk purchase of 100 plus Vayu Vajra Gold Pass: Existing Rs 2,300, Revised Rs 2,400
Dual pricing of day pass BMTC has also announced introduction of a system of dual pricing of day travel pass, with the aim of eliminating unauthorised circulation of day pass. The rate/cost of this pass has also increased from the existing Rs 32 to Rs 35 (with BMTC ID) and Rs 40 (without BMTC ID).
Cost of Vajra Gold Day pass has also been increased from existing Rs 80 to revised Rs 85. The new rates will be in effect from 27 June, 2010.
BMTC has waived the condition of possession of ID card for availing day pass for Rs 35 up to 15 July, to enable commuters to obtain these ID cards, that are priced at Rs 25 with a validity of one year from month of issue. However, commuters who purchase a day pass beyond 15 July will have to pay Rs 40, states a release issued here on Sunday.
DH News Service