Boy tries to pluck mango, electrocuted

Representative image

A 13-year-old boy, enjoying summer holidays with friends, was electrocuted atop a mango tree in Jeevan Bima Nagar, Bengaluru, on Sunday morning.

Bharat was playing with his friends when he had a fruit, shared by his pals. He wanted one more and proceeded to pluck another mango from the tree by climbing it. Little did he know that a live electric wire was passing through the tree. He used a wet stick to reach the fruit and was electrocuted.

A passerby rushed Bharat to hospital, but he was declared brought dead. According to doctors, the boy had died in two minutes as it was a high voltage wire.

Bharat was the elder son of Aiyappa and Maralamma, a couple which hailed from Andhra Pradesh and shifted to Bengaluru four years ago. He was studying in Class 7 at a BBMP school in Jeevan Bima Nagar.

“An 11 KV line of Bescom is covered by the tree. The boy was probably not aware of the live wire passing through the tree. He touched the wire with a stick and got electrocuted,” a senior police officer at JB Nagar police told DH.

The police have booked Bescom officials under 304(a) for causing death by negligence and are investigating.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 8

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 4

    Angry

Comments:

Boy tries to pluck mango, electrocuted

0 comments

Write the first review for this !