Transformer fire: girl hurt

Jannifer jagan burnt injures taking treatement at Blossam multy speciality Hospital at hasaroad near Parappana agrahara in Bengaluru.

A 12-year-old girl sustained severe burns after a transformer outside her home exploded and the blaze hit her on Sunday. 

Jennifer Jagan, a class 6 student, was studying on the balcony of their rented flat near the BDA complex in Neelasandra, central Bengaluru. There are two transformers in front of the house: one for the police quarters and another for the BDA quarters. Her mother, Rose Mary, recounted the incident to DH

Around 2.30 pm, as Jennifer went to the kitchen for lunch, she heard a loud noise. The blaze from one of the transformers engulfed her. Jennifer’s screams drew her mother, Rose Mary. By then, Jennifer had collapsed to the ground and was writhing in pain. Mary tried to lift her up but ended up suffering minor burns herself. The screams of the mother and the daughter drew neighbours who later took them to a hospital. The Ashok Nagar police have registered a case.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry