AIIMS nurse commits suicide

AIIMS nurse commits suicide

 In separate incidents, two married women, including a nurse employed with AIIMS, committed suicide by hanging over the last 24 hours in the national capital.

In the first incident, a 46-year-old nurse at AIIMS allegedly hanged herself from the ceiling fan inside her house on Sunday morning in south-east Delhi’s Ashram area.
A suicide note recovered from her claims that she was depressed over her transfer from one department to another at the All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences.

The woman has been identified as Moily Siddi. She lived with her husband Shiv Vachan and two daughters, aged 12 and 15, at Ashram. According to a senior police officer, the woman had gone to a nearby church with her husband and children on Sunday morning and was supposed to shop for Holi after attending the church.

“But she returned home early and alone saying that she was not feeling well. At around 9.30 am, her husband and children returned after shopping and found her hanging from the ceiling fan,” said the officer.

Vachan immediately informed police about the incident. Police arrived at the spot and recovered a suicide note. “Initial investigations show she was upset with her recent transfer from one department of AIIMS to another. She was living in depression due to this,” said the officer.

The woman’s body has been sent to AIIMS for post-mortem. Her husband, other family members and neighbours are being interrogated in this regard. No case has been registered so far, said police.

Another woman dead

The other incident was reported from north-east Delhi’s Gokulpuri area where a recently-married woman appears to have hanged herself late on Saturday night.

The victim has been identified as Reshma, 22. She lived with her husband Nishar and in-laws in Gokulpuri’s Old Mustafabad. The couple was married for only about a month.
Police were informed by authorities at Lok Nayak Hospital that a woman has been brought there under mysterious circumstances. “She had injury marks on her neck,” said a police officer.

A team arrived at the hospital and questioned the woman’s husband and in-laws. They have claimed that she was found hanging from the ceiling fan of the house after which they rushed her to the Lok Nayak Hospital. She was admitted to the intensive care unit where she died during treatment, reportedly due to internal injuries.

Since the marriage was less than an year old, police have initiated an inquiry at the sub-divisional magistrate level.