Amusement park is safe, says KEA chief

All safety measures are in place

The amusement park at Dasara exhibition grounds is quite safe, he claimed.

Addressing a news conference here on Thursday, he said it was true that a two- year- old-boy Syed Afran injured falling from the revolving tower on October 17. But, it was not because of technical problems.  In fact, the boy was too small to play the game. Moreover, the boy’s mother was with him when the accident occurred. The baby must have fallen due to a slip from his mother’s hand, he clarified. 

Down playing the contention of Association of Concerned and Informed Citizen’s of Mysore(ACICM) that the amusement park was not safe, he produced the fitness certificates issued to the equipment and Rs 3 crore insurance for the revolving tower.

The contractor himself had spent around Rs 1.10 lakh towards treatment of that boy. It wsa wrong that such a kid was allowed to play the game.

The KEA has issued strict guidelines not to ban the use of such equipment for children below six years, he said adding that more than 40,000 people visited everyday between Oct 16 and Oct 18.

He said about 25 policemen were deputed on the exhibition premises for security. “We have received no complaints so far about eve teasing, he added. Any such complaints could be lodged on Ph: 2440828 or 2446887”, he added.

Chief Executive Officer Hemanth Kumar was present.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)