Inspector dismissed in minor's rape case

 The impetus to take action against PI Arun Borude came from Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, who had taken the top police brass to task at a meeting he held on Tuesday to discuss law and order situation in the state on the eve of Bakr-e-Id and Kartiki Ekadashi.

 “Where is Borude? Why no action has been taken against him so far?” he had blasted the officials at the meeting, sending the top brass into a tizzy. It impelled Mumbai Police Commissioner Sanjeev Dayal to get in touch with the state Director General of Police and seek the cop’s dismissal.

 Borude has been absconding since the case was registered last week and is still at large. “The state director general of police (DGP) ordered for Borude’s dismissal under Article 311 of the Constitution on grounds of immoral conduct,” Dayal told reporters.

 Borude being a senior police official has brought shame to the entire police force and the department is “very angry” with him, Dayal said. “Several teams comprising of the local police and crime branch officials have been formed to trace Borude. Every effort is being made to find him,” he added.

 The victim had last week lodged a complaint at Powai police station alleging that she was raped on several occasions by four to five persons at a house in Powai. The case came to light after the girl became pregnant and delivered a baby girl at a suburban hospital recently. Two real estate agents Mohanchand Shyam (45) and Satyanarayan Gupta (45) were arrested in the case and have been remanded to custody.

Apart from rape charges, a separate case has also been filed against Borude for trespassing and house breaking as the house where the alleged crime took place had been sealed by a court. While Borude has been untraceable since the FIR was lodged, his lawyer Vaibhav Bhagade said he would seek anticipatory bail this week.

 In yet another incident of rape, the Bombay High Court on Wednesday directed the superintendent of police, Thane (rural) to probe the case of alleged rape and murder of a 13-year-old girl.  The girl went missing from her school picnic group in August this year and her dead body was found in a river near Vasai’s Tungareshwar temple.

Comments (+)