×
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Elephant electrocuted

Last Updated : 19 May 2016, 18:31 IST
Last Updated : 19 May 2016, 18:31 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

An elephant, which was being driven back into the forest by Forest department officials and villagers, was electrocuted as it accidentally came in contact with an electric fence at Hadanuru near Saragur on Thursday.

The elephant, around 25 years old had strayed into the village, neighbouring Bandipur range of forests, on Thursday morning and it was being driven back into the forest. The jumbo first hit a tree, then rammed the electric fence of the farm of one Rathnajamma. Even as it regained its balance and started running, its legs got entangled in the cables and got electrocuted.

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 19 May 2016, 18:31 IST

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT