<p>The City police have recommended action as per the International Cricket Council (ICC) code of conduct against former cricketer Venkatesh Prasad, his wife Jayanthi and their friend Shanon for allegedly breaching security norms at the KSCA stadium premises late Sunday night.<br /><br /></p>.<p>“I have submitted a detailed report to the Commissioner of Police, Bangalore City, the match organisers and ICC recommending action as per the ICC code of conduct,” DCP (Central) B R Ravikanthe Gowda told Deccan Herald.<br /><br />Incidentally, no complaint has been filed by the assistant sub-inspector who was involved in a heated exchange of words with them.<br /><br />“The police did not lodge any complaint as they voluntarily moved out of the ‘player zone’, where security norms prevent others from entering. Hence, we submitted a report,” the DCP clarified.<br /><br />The incident took place near P1 gate at 12.10 am after the T-20 match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Deccan Chargers concluded. The two women –– Jayanthi and Shanon –– and an elderly man were standing near a car.<br /><br /> The car was parked in the players’ zone and did not belong to them. The ASI noticed them and requested them to move out of the players’ zone as it amounted to violation of norms. <br /><br />The women allegedly used objectionable words and refused to move out. When the ASI insisted that they move out, one of the women called up Venkatesh Prasad, who rushed to the spot and allegedly picked up a quarrel with the ASI. Soon, all senior police officers gathered at the spot.<br /><br />The police said the conduct of the trio was objectionable. “Not only did they violate security norms, their exchange of words with the police was also inappropriate,” an officer said.<br /><br />Minutes later, the trio voluntarily moved out of the players’ zone and the situation calmed down. “The police cannot be mute spectators to such behaviour and hence a report was submitted,” added the officer.<br /><br />Prasad clarifies<br /><br />Later in a statement, Venkatesh Prasad expressed regret about the entire episode and said the matter had been amicably settled. <br /><br />He said: “Quiet unfortunately, there was a series of misunderstandings between the police, myself and my wife Jayanthi, when the police were clearing the VIP parking lot at KSCA stadium.<br /><br /> My wife was waiting there for me near my car along with my driver and a well-respected senior citizen of Bangalore. Both my wife and I regret the incident and the matter has since been amicably discussed with all concerned and resolved, and now stands closed.”<br /><br />Appreciating the work done by the State police in the performance of their duties, Prasad said “We have a high regard and respect for them.”<br /></p>
<p>The City police have recommended action as per the International Cricket Council (ICC) code of conduct against former cricketer Venkatesh Prasad, his wife Jayanthi and their friend Shanon for allegedly breaching security norms at the KSCA stadium premises late Sunday night.<br /><br /></p>.<p>“I have submitted a detailed report to the Commissioner of Police, Bangalore City, the match organisers and ICC recommending action as per the ICC code of conduct,” DCP (Central) B R Ravikanthe Gowda told Deccan Herald.<br /><br />Incidentally, no complaint has been filed by the assistant sub-inspector who was involved in a heated exchange of words with them.<br /><br />“The police did not lodge any complaint as they voluntarily moved out of the ‘player zone’, where security norms prevent others from entering. Hence, we submitted a report,” the DCP clarified.<br /><br />The incident took place near P1 gate at 12.10 am after the T-20 match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Deccan Chargers concluded. The two women –– Jayanthi and Shanon –– and an elderly man were standing near a car.<br /><br /> The car was parked in the players’ zone and did not belong to them. The ASI noticed them and requested them to move out of the players’ zone as it amounted to violation of norms. <br /><br />The women allegedly used objectionable words and refused to move out. When the ASI insisted that they move out, one of the women called up Venkatesh Prasad, who rushed to the spot and allegedly picked up a quarrel with the ASI. Soon, all senior police officers gathered at the spot.<br /><br />The police said the conduct of the trio was objectionable. “Not only did they violate security norms, their exchange of words with the police was also inappropriate,” an officer said.<br /><br />Minutes later, the trio voluntarily moved out of the players’ zone and the situation calmed down. “The police cannot be mute spectators to such behaviour and hence a report was submitted,” added the officer.<br /><br />Prasad clarifies<br /><br />Later in a statement, Venkatesh Prasad expressed regret about the entire episode and said the matter had been amicably settled. <br /><br />He said: “Quiet unfortunately, there was a series of misunderstandings between the police, myself and my wife Jayanthi, when the police were clearing the VIP parking lot at KSCA stadium.<br /><br /> My wife was waiting there for me near my car along with my driver and a well-respected senior citizen of Bangalore. Both my wife and I regret the incident and the matter has since been amicably discussed with all concerned and resolved, and now stands closed.”<br /><br />Appreciating the work done by the State police in the performance of their duties, Prasad said “We have a high regard and respect for them.”<br /></p>