2 women end lives in City

Three persons, including two homemakers, have ended their lives in separate incidents in the City since Monday night.

A 31-year-old woman was found hanging dead from a ceiling fan in her Whitefield house on Monday night.

The deceased, identified as Latha, was married to Manjunath nine years ago. The couple has two children.

On Monday night, Manjunath, a storekeeper at a private hotel in the City, had gone out with his two children when Latha ended her life. Manjunath’s sister who came to the house, knocked on the door many times and also made several phone calls which went unanswered.

She peeped in through the window only to find Latha hanging from the ceiling fan in the hall. Whitefield police have registered a case of unnatural death. Police sources said that no death note was found and the exact reason for Latha taking the extreme step was yet to be ascertained.

In the other case, Shubha (23), committed suicide by hanging herself at her New Timber Yard residence near Byatarayanapura on Tuesday.

According to police, Shubha was married to one Deepak, who runs a grocery story near their house. Shubha hanged herself in her room when her husband was away at work and her mother-in-law was watching television.

The incident came to light when her mother-in-law checked on her in the room. A death note, said to have been left by Shubha, said that no one was responsible for her death. It also described her husband as a “good person,” police said. Shubha hailed from Andhra Pradesh.

Her parents said they had no clue why she took the extreme step. A case has been registered.


A 41-year-old employee of an apparel showroom committed suicide by consuming poison in Hosagudadahalli on Tuesday.

According to police, Dileep Kumar, a native of Uttar Pradesh, was residing alone in a rented house in Hosagudadahalli for the past two years. He had consumed poison and collapsed in his house.

A neighbour who came to visit him saw him lying unconscious and alerted the other residents in the locality. But he was dead by then. Police said that a suicide note found in his house mentioned his residential address and contact number. It also stated that he was responsible for his death.A case has been registered at Byatarayanapura police station.

Comments (+)