Ricciardo loses appeal

Ricciardo loses appeal
Formula One team Red Bull's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix has been rejected by the International Court of Appeal, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said on Tuesday.

"The Court, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided to uphold the Decision No56 of the Stewards by which they decided to exclude Infiniti Red Bull Racing's car No 3 from the results of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix," The FIA said in a statement.
 
Australian Ricciardo finished second in his home race last month, his debut for the world champions, but was disqualified hours later when stewards ruled his car had breached new fuel flow regulations.
 
No further sanction against Red Bull was announced.
 
The FIA added that the decision would be published by the end of the week.

“Infiniti Red Bull Racing accepts the ruling of the International Court of Appeal," Red Bull said in a statement.
 
"We are of course disappointed by the outcome and would not have appealed if we didn't think we had a very strong case. We always believed we adhered to the technical regulations throughout the 2014 Australian Grand Prix. We will continue to work very hard to amass as many points as possible for the team, Daniel and Sebastian (Vettel) throughout the season."

The ruling means that Ricciardo remains 10th in the drivers' standings on 12 points.
DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)