60-year-old woman hurt in cylinder explosion

A 60-year-old woman suffered burns when a LPG cylinder leak sparked a fire outside a shop in north-west Delhi’s Jahangirpuri on Tuesday.

The incident took place outside a rented shop in Jahangirpuri block C around 3.30 pm.
Illegal gas filling

“Some men were filling empty gas cylinders from filled cylinders by using a pipe when suddenly clothes of people standing nearby caught fire,” a fire officer said.

Police were immediately informed after which the injured was rushed to Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Hospital.

The injured identified as Talihar Bibi was discharged after first aid treatment.

Already doused
Two fire tenders was also rushed to the spot, but the fire had already been doused.
A case has been registered with Jahangirpuri police station, but no arrest has been made.

The charges are of negligent conduct with respect to combustible matter and causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others under sections 285 and 337 of the Indian Penal Code.

Sources said some people were illegally filling liquefied petroleum gas cylinders and selling them in commercial market.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)