Progress of tech necessary for progress of nation: AEC secretary

Progress of tech necessary for progress of nation: AEC secretary

It is necessary to achieve milestones in the fields of science and technology for India to become a fully developed country, opined Dr M R Shrinivasan, Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy.

He was speaking at the graduation ceremony organised at the Siddanganga Institute of Technology in the city on Saturday.

Srinivasan said that the other developed countries in the world had made over 90 per cent progress in the field of science and technology. All they required was only 10 per cent of efforts to cover up. However, India required additional efforts and progress in the field. Only 10 per cent of progress can be boasted in the field of science and technology in our country. While the rest depended on 90 per cent efforts, he said.

Speaking about the health and medical services in our country, Srinivasan explained that there was a need for our country to progress in the field of public health.

Presently, health services were benefitting only the ‘haves’, while the ‘have nots’ were being deceived of quality health services. Medical services should be available for the common man too, he added.

The nuclear scientist called upon the students to decidate their time and service for the welfare of the downtrodden. “Work for the well-being of society and do your bit for the betterment of others,” he said.

Only struggle and combined efforts will help one attain the required results. Team work and organised efforts often yields fruitful results, he adviced.

“Continuous learning should be the sole mantra of students. It is a matter of great pride to know that already 75 per cent of our students from the SIT had been selected in the campus interviews.

Students, after passing out from the institute, should render honest services for the good of society, said Siddaganga Swamiji, president of the Siddaganga Education Society.

He was reading out the message of pontiff Shivakumara Swamiji on the occasion.

As many as 35 students from the various departments were awarded with the gold medals at the convocation. At least 1,085 students received their degrees.

Dr K Siddappa, Dr Shivakumarayya, Dr M N Channabasappa and several others were present.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)