CA student dies of drug overdose

CA student dies of drug overdose

CA student dies of drug overdose

A 29-year-old student died after he overdosed on drugs at a hotel room in Banaswadi on Tuesday night.

Srinivas was a resident of Kullappa Circle near Banaswadi, and was pursuing final year chartered accountancy.

The police said Srinivas' body was found in one of the Oyo Rooms in Kalyan Nagar, which he rented on Tuesday. After booking the room, he had invited his fiancée to meet him there on Wednesday morning. The police said Srinivas had been in a relationship with the woman for the past two years.

On reaching the room, the woman found Srinivas lying unconscious. She shifted him to a nearby hospital with the help of the hotel staff. Srinivas, however, was declared brought dead.

Having been informed, the police visited the room and picked up a syringe. They found syringe marks on Srinivas' hands and concluded that he was doing drugs the previous night.

Investigators have sent the syringe and the swabs collected from the room to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for further examination. The theory that Srinivas could have overdosed on some drug gained strength since he left no suicide note.

The police are awaiting the FSL report and the post-mortem report to identify the drug he was using on Tuesday night.

His family members and fiancée assert they were clueless about Srinivas' drug usage or addiction. They said he wanted to be a successful auditor.

The post-mortem was performed on Srinivas' body at the BR Ambedkar Hospital, following which the body was handed over to his family. The Banaswadi police registered a case of unnatural death and are investigating.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)