Major fire mishap averted at Gandhadakote in Hassan

Major fire mishap averted at Gandhadakote in Hassan

A fire mishap was averted due to the timely action of fire force and emergency services personnel at Gandhadakote in the Forest department premises on R C road here on Monday.

 

The fire spread rapidly due to the large number of bamboo trees in the forest department premises. However, fire force personnel arrived on time to douse the fire. 

Even though the office of the forest department has been shifted, the godown is still in the premises. Dry leaves are said to have caused the fire. Several vehicles and sandalwood trees seized by department had been stored in the godown.

 If the fire had spread to the godown, goods worth crores of rupees would have been destroyed. Later, the personnel collected the dry leaves and set them on fire.