Boy dies of Dengue Shock Syndrome

Boy dies of Dengue Shock Syndrome


According to sources, the boy was shifted from St Martha's Hospital for want of ventilators. “The patient's blood platelet count was very low when he came from St Martha's Hospital. It was only 26,000, when ideally it should be 1.5 to 2 lakh. We immediately put him on ventilator and conducted the dengue test, which came positive," said Mahesh Kumar, the KR Hospital administrator.

However, his kidneys started developing problems on August 17 and the next day he was put on dialysis. The boy underwent 14 dialysis since then and more than 40 blood transfusions. Finally, on Wednesday afternoon he suddenly had cardiac arrest and breathed his last at 2.10 pm. The cause of the death reported by hospital is Dengue Shock Syndrome with septic shock which later developed into multi-organ dysfunction.
One of the neighbours of the O'Kelly family said that the boy was taken to a local medical practitioner, who gave him some medicines. However, within two days due to high fever the boy started vomiting blood.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry