'Poison' in water, alert children avert mishap

A tragedy that would have occurred at Valnur Thyagathur Government Primary School near Siddapur, was averted before it could happen. The poisonous content in the water and the vessel in which dal was cooked for the school children under mid-day meal scheme, was traced by children.

Like usual, when the children went to drink water at Akshara Dasoha kitchen on Monday, they smelled a different aroma emerging out of water.

Meanwhile, they also traced a poison bottle lying in the kitchen. Sensing wrong, they informed the matter to Head Mistress Prema Leela. The head mistress too found foam coming out of the vessel in which dal was soaked for preparing food for children.

Immediately, holiday was declared to the school and the police were pressed into service.
Siddapur police who visited the spot, have seized the poison bottle and vessels.  
The villagers suspect the role played by kitchen staff who are in logger heads with each other. They alleged that such incident had occurred even in the past.

SDMC Vice-president Jalajakshi told Deccan Herald that the incident will be taken seriously and stringent action will be taken against the culprits, she assured.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry