Uzbek sisters pushed into flesh trade, compatriot held

Uzbek sisters pushed into flesh trade, compatriot held

Uzbek sisters pushed into flesh trade, compatriot held

Two sisters from Uzbekistan, who came to Delhi on tourist visa, filed a compliant with Lajpat Nagar police station on Monday of confinement and pushing them into flesh trade for five months.

One of their compatriots has been arrested and police are searching for four more accused from India.

“We have arrested a 35-year-old Uzbek woman, who was staying illegally in India for the past two years and was running a prostitution racket in the city,” said a senior police officer. She has been identified as Dilfuza, who was staying at a flat in Vasant Kunj with her live-in partner, an Afghan national.

Dilfuza has been running an organised international prostitution racket in the city, and she was last arrested by the crime branch on similar charges in 2011 from Rohini along with six other Uzbek sex workers.

Dilfuza was accused of bringing poor young girls from her country to Delhi on tourist visa for flesh trade. Police are now looking for the arrested woman’s four Indian associates for subjecting the victims, aged 22 and 26 years, to mental and physical torture.

In their complaint, the victims alleged that they were beaten up with sticks and punched in their face by the accused while being confined at different places after they landed in the city.

The sisters, one of whom is two months’ pregnant, arrived in India in January on tourist visa. They alleged that Dilfuza confined them at her flat and at different hotels and guest houses in Mahipalpur, where they were raped by several people in the past five months.

The victims also alleged that the accused took away their passports and return air tickets to their country. The victims also alleged that they had met Dilfuza while they were staying in a hotel in Paharganj.

“We have recovered the passports and tickets from the Dilfuza’s flat,” said the officer.

The victims in their statement also alleged that they were raped by four to five men every day. “Dilfuza’s interrogation has revealed that she used to charge Rs 10,000 from each customer,” the officer added.

Police said the victims managed to flee on Sunday night and reached near INA market in a taxi. They were roaming around in the area when two men spotted them with injury marks on their body.

They were admitted to Safdarjung Hospital where they entered an address in Lajpat Nagar in the hospital register.