Furniture showroom goes up in flames

Furniture showroom goes up in flames

Furniture showroom goes up in flames

Sofa sets, window curtains and other home furnishings worth Rs 10 lakh were gutted when a sofa showroom caught fire in the Mavalli area near the Lalbagh west gate on Thursday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 12.30 pm after local residents spotted thick smoke inside the first floor of a building on Dodda Mavalli Road, where the showroom, owned by Pramod Kumar G, is located.
 Five fire tenders were immediately pressed into service. The flames were doused after a four-hour operation. According to sources, it was difficult for the firemen to enter the showroom as the doors were locked. “We eventually managed to enter by cutting open the window grills,” the firefighters told Deccan Herald.

There were no casualties in the mishap as the showroom was locked, fire department staff added.

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox

Check out all newsletters

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox