Minor fire doused at software company

Minor fire doused at software company

A minor fire broke out at a private software company on Hosur Main Road under Madiwala police limits on Tuesday.

Employees noticed smoke billowing out from the third floor of the private building and raised an alarm. Soon after, two fire tenders were pressed into service and more than 30 firemen took more than 30 minutes to douse the fire.

Fire officials said that an electrical short circuit might have triggered the fire. The entire third floor of the four-storey building was gutted but no causalities were reported and everyone was evacuated safely.

After the fire broke out, the building was engulfed in smoke as the server room where the fire was triggered, burned down all wires and plastic items. 

Around 50 employees were working when the incident occurred and the total loss incurred was estimated at around Rs four lakh, police said. A police officer said that traffic was disrupted for an hour but later on it was cleared. A case has been registered.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)