Raped girl gets threats

Raped girl gets threats

Accused's father, his men ask her to withdraw case

A 19-year-old girl who was raped in south-east Delhi’s Sangam Vihar in September alleged that she and her family members are being threatened to withdraw the case.

She also claimed that a woman sub-inspector posted with Sangam Vihar police station and a NGO worker had threatened her against filing the rape case in September, and offered her Rs 50,000.

The victim alleged that three men, including the father of the accused, came to her house on November 14.

On the girl being firm with pursuing the case, one of the men whipped out a knife and threatened to kill her and her family members.

The victim lives with her family in Tughlakabad Extension.
She told police that she used to go to a dance class in Sangam Vihar where she met a man named Pradeep.

“He proposed to me and claimed that he wanted to marry me. But I ignored his advances and even left the dance class for a month,” the girl claimed in her complaint.

Pradeep, however, continued making calls to the girl and allegedly “tortured” her.
On September 17, the girl was in the dance class when Pradeep allegedly offered her a cold drink.

She claimed that she lost consciousness after consuming the drink and woke up in his house. She said the drink was laced with sedatives.

“I was kept confined in the house, where I was repeatedly raped,” the girl added.
She managed to escape from the house on September 21 and narrated the ordeal to her family.

Her family approached police, and she then went to Sangam Vihar police station.
At the police station, the girl claimed that a woman sub-inspector and a NGO worker threatened her against filing the case against Pradeep.

“I was told to say that I was living in Pradeep’s house for the last six months. I was also offered Rs 50,000 to not file a case,” the girl claimed.

However, a case of rape was filed on September 23. Pradeep was arrested and sent to Tihar Jail.

A fresh complaint was filed with Govindpuri police station on November 14 where the girl alleged that she was being threatened to withdraw the case.

Three men went to her house where one of them claimed to be Pradeep’s father.
“They told us to withdraw the case or else all of us would be killed,” the girl claimed in the second complaint.

Her father made a call to the police control room around 9.30 pm on which the three of them left the house.

While leaving, they told the family that they will return soon with more men. The family has approached police and sought protection.

A daily diary entry was filed, but no arrest has been made.