Raja Marga works get a brand new deadline

Works of Raja Marga, which skipped the Dasara deadline on three successive occasions since 2011, now has a new deadline.

Mayor R Lingappa set the deadline to March 2015, following his inspection of Raja Marga works in the city, on Tuesday.

Speaking to press persons, he said that there were complaints regarding the pace and quality of Raja Marga works.

“At first glance, the quality of works taken up appear to be good. Despite allegations, instances of sub-standard works have not come to my notice during the inspection,” he said.

Steps have been taken to complete all major developmental works in the city, ahead of Dasara celebrations.

“Works on Raja Marga, however, will be completed by March 2015,” he said.

‘Damage deliberate’


Mysuru City Corporation Commissioner C G Betsurmath said that criminal elements were deliberately damaging Raja Marga.

“Few balustrades of the Raja Marga have been damaged due to minor accidents. Apart from this, the standard of works has been good,” he said and urged the public to conserve Raja Marga, than cause damage to the structure.

Works on Raja Marga had been stopped along Sayyaji Rao Road, as renovation works of Devaraja Market has been taken up. Works of the Marga along the road, will only start once the renovation works are completed, he said.

Raja Marga works was launched in 2011 and was supposed to be completed within a period of 12 months.
DH News Service

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)