Nepalese man killed in accident was bike lifter, say police

Nepalese man killed in accident was bike lifter, say police

A 27-year-old Nepalese man, who was killed when a bus hit his motorcycle near Lalbagh early on Monday, is said to have been a bike lifter.

Deepak Thapa, a resident of Kamakshipalya, was killed when a Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation bus knocked him down. Police informed his family but they refused to claim the body. Investigation revealed that the bike which caused the accident was stolen from Papareddypalya near Jnanabharathi, a senior police officer said.

Police suspect that Thapa stole the bike from the residence of one Nagesh. The motorcycle actually belongs to one Girish who had borrowed money from a private finance company which has employed Nagesh. When Girish failed to repay the loan, Nagesh seized the bike and parked it in front of his house. Police believe Thapa stole the bike on July 25. Nagesh had lodged a complaint in this regard at the Jnanabharathi police station.

Police are investigating if Thapa was involved in other crimes too.

Man stabbed to death
A 26-year-old man was fatally stabbed by two men, including a minor, near New Extension in Byatarayanapura, west Bengaluru, on Tuesday night in what is suspected to be a case of road rage.

The deceased, Sunil alias Kempegowda, a resident of New Extension, and his friend Rajashekhar were riding home on a motorcycle. They both were drunk. Chethan, 22, a resident of Byatarayanapura, was standing on the road with a 16-year-old friend. Sunil was said to be riding rashly. Chethan ticked him off and Sunil replied in kind. Sunil challenged him to a duel and asked him to wait so that he can drop Rajashekhar home.

Sunil returned after sometime and started quarrelling with Chethan and the minor. They got into fisticuffs. Chethan took out a knife, stabbed Sunil and fled the spot.

Lying in a pool of blood, Sunil let out a squeak of fright, drawing the local residents. The jurisdictional Byatarayanapura police also reached the spot and took him to hospital but it was too late. Police later caught Chethan and the minor boy.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)