Bailable warrant issued against Sanjay Dutt

Bailable warrant issued against Sanjay Dutt

A bailable warrant has been issued against Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt in an old cheque bounce case filed by filmmaker Shakil Noorani and threats issued to him.

Dutt, apparently did not appear before the court following which the warrant was issued.
The case dates back to 2013, when Noorani had accused Dutt of failing to complete his 2002 movie Jaan Ki Baazi despite taking the signing amount of Rs 50 lakh.

Noorani approached Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association (IMPPA) which directed Dutt to pay back the money. The filmmaker later moved the Bombay High Court, seeking execution of the IMPPA’s order.

Noorani then started receiving threat calls from the underworld who asked him to withdraw the case, he said.

Earlier, too, a warrant had been issued against Dutt for non-appearance in this case, but he was granted bail.

Dutt, who was convicted in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was released from jail last year.
Dutt’s spokesperson said: “This case has been going on since a long time and the present situation has arisen because of the communication lapse between our lawyers and us. We respect the urgency shown by the honourable court regarding our attendance/ representation and we would take immediate measure to rectify the situation.” The next hearing is on August 29.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry