×
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

1 infant injured in fire at a hospital in Rajasthan

A radiant warmer device that was connected with oxygen was where the fire broke out said the chief medical officer
Last Updated : 31 December 2019, 09:04 IST
Last Updated : 31 December 2019, 09:04 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

An infant suffered burn injuries when a fire broke out in the neonatal care unit of the Alwar district hospital in Rajasthan on Tuesday, an official said.

The infant has been referred to a hospital in Jaipur.

"The fire broke out in a radiant warmer which was connected with oxygen. There were 15 infants in the ward when the incident occurred," Chief Medical and Health Officer OP Meena said.

He said the other infants have been shifted to another unit.

Radiant warmers are body warming devices and are used to maintain body temperature of babies.

Police said that the fire was doused in time.

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 31 December 2019, 08:48 IST

Deccan Herald is on WhatsApp Channels | Join now for Breaking News & Editor's Picks

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT