×
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Jharkhand: 2 injured as bus catches fire after coming in contact with overhead wire

The driver and the helper jumped off the bus to save their lives. But, they were injured and admitted to Phulo Jhano Medical College and Hospital, the bus was otherwise empty.
Last Updated : 22 June 2024, 07:00 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

Dumka: Two persons were injured as a bus caught fire after it came in contact with a high-voltage wire in Jharkhand's Dumka district on Saturday morning, police said.

The incident happened at Shriamda village in the Digghi police station area, they said.

The bus caught fire after it came in contact with an 11,000-volt overhead wire, they added.

"The driver and the helper jumped off the bus to save their lives. But, they were injured and admitted to Phulo Jhano Medical College and Hospital," said Anuj Kumar, the in-charge of Digghi police station.

The bus was otherwise empty when the incident happened. It was booked for a wedding and was on the way to the venue.

The wire was hanging around 8 feet high, a villager said.

"We requested the Electricity Department several times to raise the height. If passengers were there in the bus, it could have been a major accident," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 22 June 2024, 07:00 IST

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT