A 36-year-old assistant lineman of the Bescom was electrocuted while repairing an electric pole on Hosa Road in Parappana Agrahara on Tuesday.
The victim is Yarab, a resident of Anekal, the police said.
According to the police, Yarab had climbed the pole to repair defunct wires while an assistant executive engineer was supervising the work. The power that was disconnected turned live and as a result, Yarab sustained severe burn injuries and fell down from the pole.
He was rushed to a nearby private hospital where he succumbed to injuries, the police said.
Shaina, wife of Yarab, in a police complaint said Raghavendra Prasad, junior engineer and C P Manjunath, assistant executive engineer, in charge of the repair works did not provide any safety measures for Yarab. And it was due to their sheer negligence that her husband was killed, she alleged in her complaint.
The police have registered an FIR and have booked the duo for criminal negligence.