A 60-year-old woman died after drinking cleaning solution, mistaking it for water.
The deceased Aryamal works at a cemetery near Berlie street and is a resident of Langford Town.
The police said Aryamal left home at 6.30 am and was back at the cemetery by the afternoon. She found a bottle of liquid and drank it without knowing it was a solution to clean granite slabs. She later complained of abdominal pain and had her stomach washed at a nearby nursing home, but she died at 6.45 pm.
The Ashoknagar police have filed a case of unnatural death and are investigating the incident further. Aryamal is survived by a son.