Naxal menace will be dealt with stronger force: Maha CM

"I strongly condemn this attack and we will fight this menace with even stronger efforts," the chief minister added. PTI File photo

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis condemned Wednesday's Naxal attack in Gadchiroli, in which 15 police personnel and a civilian were killed, stating that the Naxal menace will be fought with stronger efforts.

"Anguished to know that our 16 police personnel from Gadchiroli C-60 force got martyred in a cowardly attack by Naxals today. My thoughts and prayers are with the martyrs' families. I am in touch with the DGP and the Gadchiroli SP," he said in a statement.

"I strongly condemn this attack and we will fight this menace with even stronger efforts," the chief minister added.

Fadnavis said he had spoken to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and briefed him about the situation.

At least 16 persons, including 15 security personnel, were killed in an IED blast triggered by Naxals in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district on Wednesday.

The blast followed Naxals torching 25 vehicles belonging to a road construction contractor earlier in the day, police said.

Those killed were members of the Quick Response Team (QRT) of Gadchiroli police, which was on its way to inspect the torched vehicles, an official said. 

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Comments (+)