Fire mishap at factory in Nanjangud, no casualty

Smoke billows out of the factory at Tandya Industrial Area, in Nanjangud taluk, Mysuru district, on Monday.

Two sheds and a stockyard of a plastic cover manufacturing company, Pyraa Flexipack, was gutted in a fire mishap at Tandya Industrial Area in the taluk, in the wee hours of Monday.

However, no casualty was reported in the fire incident.

Two sheds, equipment, manufacturing unit and stockyard were gutted in the fire. The factory, set up by Ashwin Hem Dev of Uttar Pradesh about one-and-a-half years ago, has 150 workers.

The fire started after the second shift workers left the factory, around 4 am, averting a major tragedy.

Factory vice president B L Mehta told DH that an electric short circuit triggered the fire. The fire spread fast due to the chemicals used in the factory. Two sheds collapsed in the mishap and the raw materials and equipment have been destroyed. The firefighters managed to contain the flames from spreading to the other units of the factory.

South India Paper Mill factory helped by supplying water to douse the fire, he
said.

More than 50 fire personnel, led by Fire Officer Kausar Ali Khan of Mysuru, struggled for five hours to douse the flames.

Fire tenders from Hebbal, Saraswathipuram and Bannimantap in Mysuru city, and from Nanjangud town were pressed into service.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 1

    Angry

Comments:

Fire mishap at factory in Nanjangud, no casualty

0 comments

Write the first review for this !