Two killed, one injured in accidents

Two killed, one injured in accidents

A 35-year-old motorcyclist was killed on the spot when a truck rammed into his bike from behind. The accident occurred on MES Road at Jalahalli when the victim Ramu from Govindrajnagar was returning home.

The speeding truck driver, who was heading towards Andhra Pradesh, hit the bike. Ramu was thrown up in the air, fell down and died instantly. The police have arrested the driver and seized the truck, said the Yeshwanthpur traffic police.

In another accident on Thursday morning, a man aged between 40 and 45 years was killed on the spot when a bike knocked him down in Madivala.

The accident occurred near Rupena Agrahara bus stop when the victim was trying to cross the road to reach the bus stop. The motorcyclist, Shabana (21), a resident of L R Nagar, a physically handicapped woman, also sustained injuries. She was rushed to a nearby hospital. She is stated to be out of danger. Shabana uses a bike with four wheels for her convenience, said the Madivala traffic police.

Fatal fall

A private company worker, who had a fatal fall from the top floor of his apartment on late Wednesday night, succumbed at Victoria Hospital on Thursday morning. The Parappana Agrahara police identified the dead as Senthil (27), employed in a company at Whitefield.

Police said, Senthil went to the top floor of the apartment to call up one of his friends on Wednesday night. He slipped and fell down and was lying unconscious. The guard noticed him early Thursday morning and rushed him to the hospital. However, he died hours later due to severe head injuries, added the police.

Cloth merchant ends self

A 40-year-old cloth merchant hanged himself on Wednesday night allegedly due to heavy debts. The Mahadevapura police identified the deceased as Rajashekar, a native of Tiruchi in Tamil Nadu. He was staying at Akashnagar near Mahadevapura.  

Rajashekar had come to Bangalore a few years ago and was into wholesale cloth business. He had availed loans from different sources to run the business, but found it extremely difficult to repay. The money lenders had started demanding money for the past few days. Some local rowdies were also allegedly threatening him, added the police. Rajashekar after returning from work locked himself up in the room and hanged from a ceiling fan.

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox

Check out all newsletters

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox