Kasab aimed his gun at us, say survivors at CST

Four people who survived the attack on Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST)  with injuries have identified the captured Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab as one of the attackers on November 26, last year.

The four eye-witnesses, deposing before the special court on Monday,  singled out Kasab as the man who fired the AK-47 that injured them. So far, 25 witnesses have identified Kasab as one of the two terrorists who fired indiscriminately at people in Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.

Indeed, Kasab is facing charges for killing 166 people during the terror attack. He has been specifically charged with deaths in the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus and Cama Hospital. Though he did not react to the identification at first, Kasab smiled as one of the witnesses pointed at him.

One of the witnesses,  Ansar Allahbus Saudagar, heard loud noises at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus and saw two men firing at people.
"While the taller man (Abu Ismail) aimed his shot at the police, the shorter one (Kasab) was shooting at the people present in the station," he said.
Another witness, Harshada Sarulkar, who was injured on the left thigh by a bullet, said she was waiting to take the train to her native Sindhudurg in Konkan, when the firing took place.

Sangeeta Sardar and her husband Niranjan, who were injured during the attacck, also identified Kasab as the man who fired at them. Sangeeta was also hit by splinters from the hand grenade thrown by Ismail.

Niranjan said Ismail, the tall terrorist, threw the grenade as people were falling, while Kasab, the shorter one, fired at him. Niranjan was left unconscious by the injury and woke up later to find himself in hospital.

Reacting to the suggestion by Kasab's lawyer Abbas Kazmi that she is deposing falsely at the instigation of the police, Sangeeta said: "Mera aadmi ghayal hua hai. Takleef hame hui hai. Police kya egi (My husband was injured. We have suffered. What can police do?)."
Baban Shinde, a doctor from Byculla police hospital who deposed as a witness, said Kasab was brought for blood and DNA tests.

He said he collected blood from him and sent it to the analyser.

Another medic, Rajesh Patil, said police brought Kasab to Nair Hospital for "hand wash" test while he was on duty. The test was taken to determine traces of RDX in Kasab's hands.
According to the prosecution,  the terrorists brought RDX from Pakistan by the hijacked '”Kuber” boat.  

Comments (+)