No fee hike in private medical colleges

No fee hike in private medical colleges

There will be no hike in the fee charged by the private medical and dental colleges in the State for the coming academic session. The decision to stick to last year’s free structure was taken after a meeting between the managements of these colleges with Medical Education Minister S A Ramdas.

However, small changes will be made to the seat-sharing ratio in favour of private colleges. For medical colleges, 40 per cent of the seats will come under the government (CET) quota, while 60 per cent of seats will come under the COMED-K/management quota. Medical seats will be charged fee of Rs 42,000 under the government quota, and Rs 3.25 lakh under the management quota. Last year, the seat-sharing ratio was 42:58.

Dental colleges will part 20 per cent of their seats to the government (CET) quota leaving 80 per cent of seats under COMED-K/management quota. Dental seats will be charged a fee of Rs 32,000 under CET and Rs 2.3 lakh under the management quota.

The ratio has gone in favour of private colleges from last year’s 35:65 ratio, as a large number of dental seats have been lying vacant. Ramdas said that the state government would sign a consensual agreement with the Karnataka Private Medical and Dental Colleges Association (KPMDCA) on Wednesday. Meanwhile, the Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association will hold a meeting on Tuesday to finalise the fee structure and seat-sharing ratio with the government.

Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019


Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on Deccanherald.com/news/lok-sabha-elections-2019 


Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram with #DHPoliticalTheatre for live updates on the Indian general elections 2019.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry