Trial will go on despite Kasab's confession, says Nikam

Trial will go on despite Kasab's confession, says Nikam

Also, there are many other important aspects of evidence which prosecution has to adduce to expose terrorist infrastructure of perpetrators of the crime, he said, adding they will not let Kasab succeed in his "motive" of escaping with lesser punishment.

"What Kasab has told the court is not the entire story. He has partially admitted his guilt," Nikam said.

Although Kasab has given a confession, it is the discretion of the prosecution to marshall further evidence, he said.

"Kasab has not fully disclosed his involvement. He has played with the sentiments of the common man by minimising his role in the crime and throwing responsibility on slain terrorists for the mayhem on November 26 last year," the prosecutor said.

Kasab had earlier admitted his guilt before a magistrate but later denied his role in the November 26 terror attacks. Now he has confessed in the trial court about his participation in the terror strikes but has deviated from his earlier confession.

"He is like a joker in a circus and should not be taken seriously," Nikam, who has handled several high profile cases including that of the 1993 Mumbai blasts in his career spanning three decades, said.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry