Five of a family die after drinking poisonous tea

The deceased were identified as 50-year-old Bhoja, a farmer, his wife Mani Devi and their sons Shitan, Kailash and Lokesh.

They complained of severe abdominal pain and vomiting after having the tea this morning, police said, adding that neighbours rushed them to a nearby hospital where Bhoja and his sons were declared brought dead and Mani Devi died during treatment.

Investigations are on to ascertain whether they were unaware of the poisonous substance in their tea or it was a case of suicide, the police added.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
Comments (+)