Another worker dies in BSY hotel mishap

 One more person, who inhaled poisonous gas while cleaning a septic tank on the premises of Hotel Royal Orchid Central, owned by former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa’s family, breathed his last at a private hospital Friday night.

The deceased has been identified as Ratnakar, 32, an employee of the hotel. Annappa, 35, had died inside the pit Friday afternoon. Ratnakar was assisting the workers - Annappa and Manjunath.

When Annappa did not come out even after an hour, Ratnakar and Manjunath entered the pit. They were rescued by firefighting staff and were being treated in a private hospital. While Ratnakar died last night, Manjunath has been discharged.

Notice issued
The City Municipal Council has issued a notice to the hotel manager seeking an explanation for the deaths.

Assembly elections 2019 | Get the latest news, views and analysis on elections in Haryana and Maharashtra on DeccanHerald.com


For election-related news in Maharashtra, click here

For election-related news in Haryana, click here

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)