Man electrocuted

Shifting an iron table from his house on first floor to the ground proved fatal for a man in Banaswadi police limits Saturday evening. Vijayaraman, a resident of ITC Road, Kammanahalli, was electrocuted after the table came in contact with a high tension wire, passing over his house, police said.

A supplier of chairs, tables, utensils and other household materials, Vijayaraman was shifting the table with the help of a rope. He was holding one edge of the table and sending it down when it came in contact with the live wire. He died on the spot, police said.

When contacted, the Bescom officials said that the incident occurred due to negligence of the house owner and Bescom was in no way related. Instead of clear the table using the rope, he should have used  stairs, a Bescom official said.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry