Toddler consumes kerosene, dies

Toddler consumes kerosene, dies

A two-and-a-half-year old toddler hospitalised after she consumed kerosene mistaking it for water in Nelagedaranahalli died on Tuesday.

According to police, Bhanupriya, the daughter of Manjunath and Geetha, asked her mother for a glass of water. Geetha had delivered a baby boy two months ago and was taking a nap with the newborn. She asked Bhanupriya to take the water in the kitchen. The toddler allegedly mistook the kerosene kept in a mug for water and drank it. The incident was discovered only hours later when she complained of uneasiness.

She was immediately rushed to a private hospital nearby, but passed away on Tuesday morning.

According to police, Geetha used the kerosene to ward off ants from the kitchen. Peenya police have registered a case of unnatural death.

Man killed in mishap

Khader Saab Khatagi, 31, a resident of Vidyaranyapura, was run over by a tipper lorry on MES Road, Goraguntepalya, when he tried to overtake it from the left.

A civil contractor, Khatagi was on his way to one of the construction sites when the accident occurred. Jalahalli traffic police have registered a case and are investigating.