Goods worth Rs 36 crore gutted

Domestic appliances, clothes, electronic goods and other products stored in a godown at Indlawadi, in Anekal Taluk, were destroyed in a fire mishap on Thursday. The loss has been put at Rs 36 crore

.

Twelve fire tenders took more than six hours to douse the blaze. There were no casualties. Electrical short circuit is suspected to have caused the mishap, police said.
The accident occurred at Future Supply Chain’s godown owned by Big Bazar Group.

The fire was spotted at 2.30 pm at the storeroom. Within minutes, it engulfed the godown spread over five acres. There were 250 workers in the godown at the time of the accident and all ran to safety after the fire alarm went off, police said. The intensity of the fire was such that the godown was reduced to ashes. Most of the goods destroyed were imported from China and other countries. The items are transported to different outlets of Big Bazar in Bangalore.

Police have registered a case of negligence against Azim who owns the godown.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry