The BJP on Thursday apprehended security threats to its rallies following an alleged Maoist attack at two mobile towers in Gaya, which took place ahead of prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s election meetings.
“The BJP will like to draw the attention of the people of India and media on the number of threats and attacks which are continuing, particularly targeting BJP rallies – more particularly targeting Narendra Modi’s rallies,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters here.
Maoists allegedly blew up two mobile towers using powerful bombs in different areas of Gaya district ahead of Narendra Modi’s election rallies. She said the party had already approached the home minister and drawn his attention to media reports on the threats to BJP leaders.
“It is now clearly getting reinforced that the concern of the BJP was well founded and you see information coming from Delhi Police and media on busting a terror module by arresting people from Jodhpur two days ago.” Seeking to open the eyes of the public, she said, “The BJP would want the people to see where the threat perception lies, see where action is missing and see where people are failing to do their duties and only talking.”
“We are repeatedly appealing to the establishment and home minister to do a better job of internal security and the law and order situation as there is now enough proof of inaction,” she said.